Regulating your home temperature has never been easier, thanks to the Mysa Smart Thermostat for electric baseboard heaters. Stylish with a contemporary look, the device fits seamlessly with your decor enhancing it with its white color and finish.
The Mysa baseboard thermostat is developed for use with electric fan-forced heaters and high-voltage electric baseboards. You’ll control the device using a smartphone app that you can download and install.
By managing the settings, you can turn on or off the heating systems in your home from a remote location. You’ll always come home to a cozy; welcoming ambiance set at your favorite temperature. There’s a lot more you can do with Mysa. Read ahead for more information.
What is the Mysa Smart Thermostat?
As the name suggests, Mysa is a wall-mounted smart thermostat with controls integrated with your smartphone app. Mysa connects with your phone through the Wi-Fi network and raises or lowers your home’s temperature per specifications.
Mysa thermostats enable savings of up to 26% on your home and workplace energy bills. You can schedule when the heating turns on and off and manage your power and energy consumption. In addition, Mysa has a geolocation feature that detects your entry into the premises.
As a result, you’ll never have to worry about turning off the heating when you leave. Or, remember to turn it on well ahead of your arrival so that the home or office is comfortably warm.
Buy Mysa Smart Thermostat for Electric Baseboard Heaters
Features of the Mysa Baseboard Thermostat
Here’s everything you need to know about this smart gadget.
- Mysa draws power from your home’s electrical wiring system, and you’ll hardwire it during installation.
- You’ll need a 2.4 GHz WiFi system for the device to communicate with your cell phone.
- Mysa is compatible with your home assistants and smart home platforms like Apple HomeKit, Alexa, Samsung SmartThings, and Google Assistant.
- You can download the Mysa app to your Android, iOS smartphone, or other portable devices like a tablet, iPad, or laptop.
- The Mysa app includes features like scheduling, energy charting, geofencing or geolocation, zone control, and vacation scheduling. It also offers shared access.
- You can use the Mysa thermostat to control the temperatures in in-ceiling radiant heaters, self-contained hydronic baseboard heaters, electric baseboard heaters, and electric fan-forced heaters.
- Mysa has an elegant, minimalistic look and looks great with any kind of room decor. The display has backlit LED numbers with up and down arrows displaying the ambient temperature of your room.
- It has an easy to program app that schedules heating after asking you a series of questions.
How does Mysa Smart Thermostat for Electric Baseboard Heaters Work?
Before purchasing the Mysa electric baseboard thermostat, you’ll want to confirm that your baseboard heater is compatible with the gadget. Keep in mind that most older baseboard heating systems run on low line voltages such as a 12 volt or a 24 volt. Check the compatibility requirements here.
The same goes for central heating systems and HVACs like hot water boilers and gas furnaces. If you have these heaters, the Mysa thermostat may not work for you. That’s because this brand is a high-voltage thermostat controlling electric baseboard heaters.
If you do have high-voltage heaters with a capacity of 240 or 120 volts of electricity, you’re good to go. Getting and installing the Mysa thermostat should not be a problem because it does not require any complex wiring. But, it does need 4 gang box wires to handle a maximum of 3,800 watts.
Make sure to check the number and thickness of the heater and thermostat wires. And, that you have a fast and reliable Wi-Fi connection. Once you have ticked off these boxes, you can safely invest in the Mysa thermostat.
Yet another great reason to go with Mysa smart thermostat for electric baseboard heaters is that this device is compatible with other heating systems also. You were wondering what to do if you have multiple heating systems installed like mini-split heat pumps and in-floor heating? That’s not a problem since you can use a single Mysa thermostat for regulating optimum temperatures.
As for how the device works, it is powered by the wiring system connected to your heater. The thermostat can turn on or off the heater by controlling the flow of power to it.
Three way dimmer switch wiring guide
Installation Tips & Tricks You Can Use
Try these quick installation tips and you’ll have the thermostat working well in no time.
- Installation is quick and easy and takes just around 15 minutes. You will receive a handy, step-by-step guide with illustrations guiding you on the procedure. Videos are also available.
- You can expect a temperature sensor accuracy is ±.5°F. Mysa also has a humidity sensor with ±2% accuracy and a control range between 41°F and 86°F.
- The Mysa baseboard thermostat is sized to fit into a standard 1-gang box and requires at least 4-wire systems. You will need 3,800 watts max at 240 volts or 1,900 watts max at 120 volts to run your Mysa. Also, ensure that you have a second live wire or neutral wire for the gadget to work efficiently.
- The Mysa display is touch-sensitive and allows capacitive touch to adjust the controls manually.
- Compatible with multiple heaters, you can set up zones to have the heating systems work together.
Pros of Installing mysa electric baseboard thermostat
Mysa baseboard thermostats have several positives for the contemporary home integrated with the IoT. Let’s take a quick look at what they are:
- Not only does the Mysa thermostat control your room’s ambient temperature by regulating the heater, but it also tracks humidity levels.
- You can connect the device to your smart home systems and change settings automatically. For instance, tell Alexa to set the temperature at between 60 and 67°F, and Mysa complies.
- The Mysa thermostat allows you to set the heating schedule, so it turns on at the preset time.
- You’ll conserve energy and heating bills by up to 26%.
- The company provides great customer service. Any issues with the product quality and you can expect instant responses and quick replacements.
- You can track your energy consumption in each room in real-time.
- Programming the Mysa app is easy, with a range of settings offering great value for money.
- Mysa thermostats are compatible with in-ceiling radiant heaters and self-contained hydronic baseboard heaters also.
Cons of Installing Mysa smart thermostat for baseboard heaters
The Mysa smart thermostat for electric baseboard heaters is an excellent product for every home or commercial place. However, it does have a couple of downsides you should remember. Though, working around the cons isn’t all that hard.
- Mysa baseboard thermostats cannot work with low voltage systems or 2-wire systems.
- You cannot get the Mysa device for natural gas furnaces, boilers, oil furnaces, or any other low-power heating systems. These may include 12-volt to 24-volt systems that are low power.
- Although the Mysa thermostat wall unit has touch screen controls, making adjustments can be a bit tricky.
Can you use a smart thermostat with electric baseboard heat?
Yes. Mysa thermostats are specifically designed to work with high-voltage heaters of up to 3,800 Watts. You can also get these gadgets for in-ceiling radiant heaters, self-contained hydronic baseboard heaters, and in-floor heaters.
How do I adjust Mysa thermostat?
You can adjust the Mysa thermostat manually by using the up and down button on the touch-screen display on the wall unit. You’ll also download and install the Mysa app to your smartphone and adjust the desired temperatures from the settings.
Is MYSA thermostat worth?
If you consider the significant savings you can make on your power and gad bills, investing in a Mysa baseboard thermostat is well worth it. The device is available for $139, and you can rest assured that you’ll recover the cost quickly.
How do you install a smart thermostat on a baseboard heater?
Installing the Mysa smart thermostat is a quick 15-minute procedure. The manual accompanying the device has detailed step-by-step instructions you can follow. However, it is advisable that you call in a professional electrician to install it. Since you’re handling high-power electrical wiring, the risk of a fire or short circuit is high. That is, if you’re a novice with little experience.
Does Mysa work without Wi-Fi?
Since you’ll communicate with the Mysa baseboard thermostat using your phone app, it has to connect to the home’s Wi-Fi system. If the Wi-Fi were to break down, you might not be able to program the thermostat from a remote location. Manual controls will work just fine.
Does MYSA work with Google home?
Yes, Mysa’s smart thermostats work flawless with Google Home for hands-free voice command and automation.
Is Mysa compatible with Alexa?
The Mysa can connect to Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, and it’s compatible with Apple HomeKit and IFTTT.
Have you been scouting for a smart thermostat to monitor and regulate your baseboard heaters? Consider getting the Mysa smart thermostat for electric baseboard heaters that assure you great value for money. You’ll recover the cost quickly thanks to the ability to turn off your heating systems from a remote location. This feature translates into significant savings in energy costs in the long run.